I am so incredibly saddened by the devastating earthquake in Haiti. I think I have the best intentions to try to help, for what it's worth... which, really it's only worth about $25 or $50. But at least it's something, I guess. I try to think about what it's like down there as much as possible. Not that thinking helps anything. And then that's where I get frustrated. So, I'm thinking about how terrible the situation is. I'm empathizing with people I don't know and never will know, but care about because we are fellow humans and it could very easily be me in their situation. I love them and I have their best interests at heart. I wish them well. I think them well. I pray them well, in whatever way I "pray." I wish I could do more and it makes me feel selfish that I can't, don't, won't. What can I do besides give money and think them well? Nothing. Or at least it feels like it.
I'm trying to decipher why I'm feeling nervous right now, but I've been having trouble pinpointing it. I've been wondering if it's because the time is getting nearer, but I really don't think that's it. I'm more excited than anything. Prior to today, I think I was nervous because I'm not 100% sure what the work I'll be doing at Cambridge will be like. However, this morning I talked to John, my supervisor, on the phone and essentially we just chatted again about things I already knew, but it was good to actually hear them from a human, rather from an email. I feel good about it now. About going to England, I was also wondering if my nervousness was because of the flight--but up until I was wondering that, I had never before considered that I was nervous about it. Again, I get more excited than nervous about such things. I've also considered that it might be because I have this paper due tomorrow, but that can't possibly be it because it...
Comments
Post a Comment