Well... Tom Levinson from Admissions emailed me back. He's concerned that they don't have a student affairs structure at Cambridge (which I knew) and that I won't have experience with the projects that will be going on in May and June (which I was wondering about too). Sigh. I think it would still be good for me to do something with assessment and planning--anything really. I tried to convey to him that it doesn't need to be overly student affairs-y. Hopefully he gets that, but at the same time, I do want to be working on a project that is relative and interesting to me. Perhaps he'll come back with project ideas in the next email or perhaps he'll just say no thanks and then I can move on. He did offer to give my information to some of his colleagues at different universities, so that might be good.
Sandy's Recipe Book - Grandma Scheffert's Apple Pie
Apple Pie Recipe from: Susan Scheffert Directions: Stir together: 3 lbs apples (peeled and sliced at ¼ an inch) ½ cup flour Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg I used about ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and a good pinch of nutmeg Then add: 1 ¼ cups sugar 1 stick melted butter For crust, mix and roll out: 2 cups flour ½ cup oil ¼ cup water or milk 1 teaspoon salt Place apple mixture in a large glass dish and then lay crust over top Cut slits on top and sprinkle lightly with sugar Bake at 350° for 45 minutes This recipe is from my Grandma Scheffert--my dad's mom! Grandma lived upstairs at our house with us, which was a full apartment. We were very close to her, especially my brother. She cared for us when our parents were working (we never had a babysitter), dropped us off at and picked us up from school (we never rode a school bus), and took us on adventures during the summer. She loved reading and gardening and birds. She was a very active grandma and we were lucky to have her. I have lots of...
Comments
Post a Comment