I have a second interview at Lake Land College in Mattoon tomorrow! I'm really excited and my thoughts about it are completely different this time. I always loved the job and thought it was ideal, but never really seriously considered the possibility of moving to Mattoon and thought there was no way that they would pick me. This time around, though, I really, really hope I get offered the position. After thinking about it more, looking over the job description, and really studying the website, I'm really in love with the college, I think. The vision is really inspiring and they offer a lot of programs and services. Considering I was basically talking myself out of going to the first interview, this is a huge change in attitude and I really hope it works out! Eek!!!
Sandy's Recipe Book - Grandma Scheffert's Apple Pie
Apple Pie Recipe from: Susan Scheffert Directions: Stir together: 3 lbs apples (peeled and sliced at ¼ an inch) ½ cup flour Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg I used about ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and a good pinch of nutmeg Then add: 1 ¼ cups sugar 1 stick melted butter For crust, mix and roll out: 2 cups flour ½ cup oil ¼ cup water or milk 1 teaspoon salt Place apple mixture in a large glass dish and then lay crust over top Cut slits on top and sprinkle lightly with sugar Bake at 350° for 45 minutes This recipe is from my Grandma Scheffert--my dad's mom! Grandma lived upstairs at our house with us, which was a full apartment. We were very close to her, especially my brother. She cared for us when our parents were working (we never had a babysitter), dropped us off at and picked us up from school (we never rode a school bus), and took us on adventures during the summer. She loved reading and gardening and birds. She was a very active grandma and we were lucky to have her. I have lots of...
Comments
Post a Comment