Fantastic time at Michele and Miriam's in Urbana last night to celebrate Michele's 35th birthday. I'm so glad that her and I have stayed fairly close even though she's in Urbana and I'm here. She's one of the few friends I have that is near my age. It's so amazing to me that I can be such good friends with people who are so different than me. Michele has experienced the world; she's 10 years older than I am. Ten years isn't that much, I know, but she has done so many more things than I will do in the next 10 years. She's so open-minded and receptive even though I am a young and naive idiot. I feel as though I have nothing to offer, but she's one of my best friends. It's cool.
I'm trying to decipher why I'm feeling nervous right now, but I've been having trouble pinpointing it. I've been wondering if it's because the time is getting nearer, but I really don't think that's it. I'm more excited than anything. Prior to today, I think I was nervous because I'm not 100% sure what the work I'll be doing at Cambridge will be like. However, this morning I talked to John, my supervisor, on the phone and essentially we just chatted again about things I already knew, but it was good to actually hear them from a human, rather from an email. I feel good about it now. About going to England, I was also wondering if my nervousness was because of the flight--but up until I was wondering that, I had never before considered that I was nervous about it. Again, I get more excited than nervous about such things. I've also considered that it might be because I have this paper due tomorrow, but that can't possibly be it because it...
Comments
Post a Comment