Brady talked me into applying for the job at Lake Land College in Mattoon. It's an academic counselor/coordinator of student accommodations job. Basically it's a perfect fit for the experience that I have. I originally was thinking that I wasn't fully qualified for it, but again, it doesn't hurt to apply. The worst they can say is no. And they probably will! Ha! Why can't that sort of job be here? I mean, Mattoon isn't that far away (two hours), but I don't know. We shall see!
Sandy's Recipe Book - Grandma Scheffert's Apple Pie
Apple Pie Recipe from: Susan Scheffert Directions: Stir together: 3 lbs apples (peeled and sliced at ¼ an inch) ½ cup flour Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg I used about ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and a good pinch of nutmeg Then add: 1 ¼ cups sugar 1 stick melted butter For crust, mix and roll out: 2 cups flour ½ cup oil ¼ cup water or milk 1 teaspoon salt Place apple mixture in a large glass dish and then lay crust over top Cut slits on top and sprinkle lightly with sugar Bake at 350° for 45 minutes This recipe is from my Grandma Scheffert--my dad's mom! Grandma lived upstairs at our house with us, which was a full apartment. We were very close to her, especially my brother. She cared for us when our parents were working (we never had a babysitter), dropped us off at and picked us up from school (we never rode a school bus), and took us on adventures during the summer. She loved reading and gardening and birds. She was a very active grandma and we were lucky to have her. I have lots of...
Comments
Post a Comment