The (mostly) trivial musings of an ordinary person
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Today's List (Day 10):
At This Moment...
I am happy. I am calm. I am relaxed. I am full (just got done with lunch at Cosi). My foot is falling asleep. I am kinda bored...
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
I'm trying to decipher why I'm feeling nervous right now, but I've been having trouble pinpointing it. I've been wondering if it's because the time is getting nearer, but I really don't think that's it. I'm more excited than anything. Prior to today, I think I was nervous because I'm not 100% sure what the work I'll be doing at Cambridge will be like. However, this morning I talked to John, my supervisor, on the phone and essentially we just chatted again about things I already knew, but it was good to actually hear them from a human, rather from an email. I feel good about it now. About going to England, I was also wondering if my nervousness was because of the flight--but up until I was wondering that, I had never before considered that I was nervous about it. Again, I get more excited than nervous about such things. I've also considered that it might be because I have this paper due tomorrow, but that can't possibly be it because it...
Life is so much better when you don't have to think about giving a presentation. I don't know why, but the older I get the more scared I become of speaking in public. The nerves started over a week ago and the past two nights I literally could not sleep because I was going over it in my head again and again. I think all day yesterday and today my heart rate was not normal. By the end of the day today my hands were already sweaty in anticipation and I swear while sitting in class waiting for my turn you could see my heart beat on my chest from across the room. The thing is, once I get going... I actually kind of like it. It's just mulling over it and waiting for it that gets me. I have been repeatedly taking deep breaths of relief since it's been over. Thank. God! In other news, I have one paper due tomorrow which is 95% done and another due on Friday which is still in the outline stage. I'm not sure how I can get 10 pages out of a philosophy, but I will try my h...
This one was the easiest of the something old/new/borrowed/blue, because basically I bought everything new! My dress was from Bridal Elegance. I really do feel like this dress was meant for me. It was on the sample/sale rack and the sales girl brought it to me. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. I loved it. I loved the ruching, the modified sweetheart neckline, the fit and flare (really I think this one is considered mermaid), and the asymmetricalness of the bottom. Despite some of the issues I had with it later on (expensive alterations and cleaning), it was so worth it. That freaking sash. Hahaha. You all remember the sash saga. After all of that, I found the perfect one on Amazon, of all places. I knew that I wanted a bolder earring since I wouldn't be wearing a necklace. I saw these at Von Maur and fell in love immediately. I knew that I wanted pear-shaped ones because to me they have more of a classic, elegant feel. I just couldn't stop thinking abou...
Comments
Post a Comment