The (mostly) trivial musings of an ordinary person
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Today's List (Day 3):
People I Love
1. PWB
2. My daddy
3. My brother bear
4. My aunt Peggy
5. Chlochlo
I love lots of other people too. Most people, in fact.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Popular posts from this blog
I'm trying to decipher why I'm feeling nervous right now, but I've been having trouble pinpointing it. I've been wondering if it's because the time is getting nearer, but I really don't think that's it. I'm more excited than anything. Prior to today, I think I was nervous because I'm not 100% sure what the work I'll be doing at Cambridge will be like. However, this morning I talked to John, my supervisor, on the phone and essentially we just chatted again about things I already knew, but it was good to actually hear them from a human, rather from an email. I feel good about it now. About going to England, I was also wondering if my nervousness was because of the flight--but up until I was wondering that, I had never before considered that I was nervous about it. Again, I get more excited than nervous about such things. I've also considered that it might be because I have this paper due tomorrow, but that can't possibly be it because it...
Apple Pie Recipe from: Susan Scheffert Directions: Stir together: 3 lbs apples (peeled and sliced at ¼ an inch) ½ cup flour Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg I used about ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and a good pinch of nutmeg Then add: 1 ¼ cups sugar 1 stick melted butter For crust, mix and roll out: 2 cups flour ½ cup oil ¼ cup water or milk 1 teaspoon salt Place apple mixture in a large glass dish and then lay crust over top Cut slits on top and sprinkle lightly with sugar Bake at 350° for 45 minutes This recipe is from my Grandma Scheffert--my dad's mom! Grandma lived upstairs at our house with us, which was a full apartment. We were very close to her, especially my brother. She cared for us when our parents were working (we never had a babysitter), dropped us off at and picked us up from school (we never rode a school bus), and took us on adventures during the summer. She loved reading and gardening and birds. She was a very active grandma and we were lucky to have her. I have lots of...
Today's List (Day 2): Things I'm Good At I don't know why, but I've always been good at spelling. It just came natural for me. My mom always said it was because I sat and listened to my brother practice his spelling words when I was younger, but I'm just good at remembering how to spell anything after I've seen it once, including people's names. I think I've also always been decently talented at writing. I won a contest in 5th grade for some poems that I wrote (uh, yeah... pretty awesome!) and I've been encouraged by professors to pursue getting some work published. I also just enjoy it. :) Unfortunately I'm not creative enough to write my own poems or stories nowadays, though I wish I had a really good idea for a series of books so that I could make the big bucks off of writing like J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Meyer. Mostly anything that requires coordination or athletic ability has always come natural for me, as wel...
Comments
Post a Comment